Founded in 1917, the Association of Schools of Journalism & Mass Communication is a non-profit association that provides resources and a network for the administrator of journalism and communication programs. Membership provides connections to more than 160 universities across the United States.
ASJMC now oversees the various nation-wide journalism and communication surveys, which track program enrollments and faculty salary levels. ASJMC holds 4 seats on the Accrediting Council, and reports at least twice a year to members on accrediting issues and standards.
• special publications that discuss current issues in JMC from an administrative stand point
• an administrative workshop in February each year that includes a development track
• long listing in the online JMC directory
• discounts on AEJMC Conference program advertising and exhibit booths
• special email notices about faculty programs and awards
Membership fees range from $350 to $900 per year for U.S. programs, depending on the size of the program, $100 per year for international programs, regardless of program size, and $50 per year for individual ASJMC membership.
For additional information, send your E-mail or call Jennifer McGill, ASJMC Executive Director at 803.798.0271